Productive day! Got some more editing finished for our XM show. We delivered 7 weeks worth for season 2 so far, so I have lots more to get ready. Cutting some of our feature programs into half hour episodes. Today I was working on KIDNAPPED. So .. the process goes something like this
1) put a copy of the entire program on the screen - so you see the show on the grid.
2)Cut out all the opening / closing credits, end of act / start of act tags.
3)Figure out how much you need to cut to fit the show into five 24 to 25 minute episodes. (In the case of KIDNAPPED, I needed to eliminate 12 minutes). I start with editing out long pauses, and after that I trim parts of sentences, scenes; so its not a hack job and makes sense!
4) Split it into 5 segments, add the opening and closing CRT theme to each episode, for the broadcast.
5) Split each segment into 2 acts
6) Add bumper music from the original KIDNAPPED score at the end / start of acts.
7) Write the host narration for each episode (Including the credits for what actor is in which episode)
8) Record the host narration
9) Edit the narration, then
10) insert it into each episode, and over the closing theme.
11) Send it off to XM!
Kidnapped took pretty much most of the day today, and most of yesterday. Next up is THE RED BADGE OF COURAGE. We recorded this one five years ago, so it will be difficult to trim because I havent heard it in years and I wont remember where certain scenes are.
Anyway, thought you might like a peek at the process.
A friend said he saw CAPTAIN BLOOD on the shelf at three different Barnes and Nobles! I hope it is selling!!
Still not 100% after my illness, so I think I'm actually going to crash early tonight (which means I'll wake up at 4am. I cant seem to sleep more than 4 hours. Odd)