Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Thursday Update!



Had a good meeting with Brilliance yesterday, mapping out how to go about digging into our catalog of 300 plus titles :) 300! No wonder I have dark circles under my eyes!
Today I have a 3:30pm recording session for LORENZO AND THE PIRATE, and then working on a Powder River script.
Some amazing things on the horizon that I can't wait to tell you about! A new 36 episode series is barreling down the pike right at ya, and it's like nothing we have ever done before! We start recording on July 24th and have a air date premier of Nov.6th on Sirius/XM (yep, the show will be broadcast on weekends, outside our normal time slot).
Exciting!

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

Saw the schedule for the CAPE COD MELODY TENT in Hyannis. I must be getting old because I only knew about four of the "stars" playing there this summer. The days of Liberace, Bob Hope, Robert Goulet, Rosemary Clooney, Martha Ray, Angela Lansbury, Victor Borge performing on that stage are long gone; behold the era of foul mouthed stand up.

JAWS is still an amazing movie to behold. Can't wait till it's on Blu-Ray. Is it??

The MGM lion at the start of a movie still has the most class of any movie logo, but the triumphant trumpets of 20th Century Fox really get the blood going and screams out HOLLYWOOD!

I think Colonial Radio needs to do the 6th L.Frank Baum OZ book as a radio drama.

Am I the only person who did not like AVATAR?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jerry, I agree, I loved all the old comedians. They had class and style not like, as you say, the foul mouthed comedy of today. I can listen to comedy without all of the vulgar and crude comments of today. Maybe I am just old fashioned. I am 53 and I drive a truck for a living. I was so glad to find your program when I got my xm. I love all your programs. I admit I am partial to Dibble and Jerry and the Pirates. But my absolute favorite is Powder River. I know you've heard it before but it is as good as any John Wayne movie or Gunsmoke episode, radio or tv. Keep up the good work of bringing us outstanding drama. I will be listening. Sincerely Connie McKeown aka TN Wildflower

JR said...

Thanks, Connie, and your comments are very much appreciated! ~JR