Sunday, June 17, 2012

We started recording BEACON HILL on May 23rd and had a great session. We now have two episodes taped, and one edited with the second underway. The show sounds great, and everyone is developing their characters which is always exciting to hear. I have never done an hour long series before, so I've been learning as well . I find it easier than the half hour scripts!  In a POWDER RIVER show, for example, I need to wrap it all up in 36 pages, and here I get 64 pages - and with several stories playing out in the series at once, when I get bored with one, I just cut to another aspect of the plot after a dramatic line :) 

We're doing eight, one hour episodes, and will wrap up production Aug. 22. We will be going on the air Dec.30th (tentatively). The first four episodes will be released on CD and DL in the Spring, and the second four episodes will be released a couple of months later.

Right now, my writing schedule is very heavy, which is why my posts are few and far between; I am currently working on finishing off BEACON HILL, with 2 scripts remaining, and at the same time I am writing fifteen new episodes for POWDER RIVER SEASON 7; and we have a few shows in post production that I'm overseeing as well - so very busy days here, as usual ... but that's a good thing, right?

Our productions of THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES and LOGAN'S RUN have won Mark Time Awards for Excellence in Adaptation. We've won 6 since 2005. Congrats to everyone involved in those projects.


No comments: