Sunday, November 09, 2008

THIS n THAT

OK, lets see .... do you ever find that there is so much to be done, that you feel like nothing is being done? I am writing the scripts for our new series, Ticonderoga, which starts recording tomorrow night. I am so excited about this show, and I wish I could write it faster than I am. Over the summer I wrote 24 half hour scripts for Jerry And The Pirates, and I was just thinking today that I should add up all the scripts I've written over the past 18 years - then again, maybe I shouldn't. Anyway, when I am closing in on the end of Ticonderoga, I'll start writing Season 5 of Powder River, which will be 15 episodes.

On the 17th we hold auditions for Zorro And The Pirate Raiders. Chris Snyder will be directing and producing this production, and the music has been assigned to Jeffrey Gage.

Buck Alice and the Actor Robot, turned out to be a much more complex project than we thought, but we are making progress! I am planning on some re-takes in the newxt few weeks, and the show is now in line assembly (picking out the best takes to assemble in a rough edit, with just the dialog, no effects yet.) This is going to be a good one, folks!

Our first Perry Mason production, The Case of the Sulky Girl is getting the final touches applied, and we should have it out on Lulu soon, followed by a CD release.

Our production of the William Luce play Barrymore, has been out in limited release since Nov. 1st, and the feedback has been better than we had hoped for! Everyone seems to love the production, and that's very exciting! I was hoping the show would make the transition from stage to audio with no problems, and Mr. Luce seems to have pulled it off with his incredible script! It's on Lulu.Com for another week, the 15th, and then we pull it out of release, and Blackstone Audio will release it on CD and Download in April.

I want to do this play on stage again. Mr. Luce has even mentioned he would like to add some of the new material into the stage version; so we're looking for a theater to try it out in.

We have two editors who are working on assembling the remaining episodes of Jerry And The Pirates, MJ Cogburn and Adam Seth Sher. I think we have 9 to go, and then MJ will be back on Moonfleet, and Adam will work on Ticonderoga.

I am thinking on returning to the editing deck. The last show I edited was Dandelion Wine, and that was over two years ago!

On the personal side, which I rarely talk about, I'm sorry to say that I lost my favorite Aunt last month, Dorothy Brown. What a classy lady she was. My Moms older sister. I last saw her on my birthday, Aug. 17, and she fell later that night, and never really recovered from that. Do you know I still have birthday cards she sent me when I was 1,2 and 3 years old??? They were these big, huge, gaudy beautiful cards that, in todays world, would cost around ten bucks! I even have a Halloween card she sent me in 1963 - a huge card in the shape of a black cat, covered in velvet, with two green rubies for eyes (fake, of course). My mom saved them through the years, and yes, I still have them.
Then, her daughter, Gerry, ended up in the hospital last week with some kine of infection, and HER son, my cousin Steven had a stroke! Steve is a few years younger than I am, and this is quite a shock. I took his daughter, Jessica, to NYC last year to see Mary Poppins on Broadway (with my fav kid, Samantha). I am wishing him the best, and a full recovery, and hope to get up to Hancock NH to visit him.

Back to writing. Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you jerry!!!! Im an overthe road trucker and really enjoy the powder river episodes. Would like to be able to purchase seasons ect. Keep up the good work

Jim Musselman
Oakdale, il